System Engineer of network and telecommunication infrastructure
- Place of work: Bratislava, Slovakia
- Company: VÚB bank
- Wage (gross): Minimum salary starts at 2.200 EUR/month based on relevant experience.
Information about the position
If you have a passion for network technologies and want to participate in their creation and maintenance, we are looking for you. This is the position of system engineer of network and telecommunication infrastructure in the Communication Technologies team.
Your main responsibilities in the team will be:
- Administration of Cisco network and security infrastructure components, F5 load balancer (data centers, headquarters buildings, branches, ATMs, connections to external organizations).
- Administration of the Hewlett Packard Network Node Manager monitoring tool.
- Ensuring the operation of the company’s network infrastructure, analyzing, and solving outages and problems according to the established SLAs, if necessary, escalating problems to contracted suppliers.
- Ensuring the operation of the company’s leased external operator telecommunications infrastructure, analyzing, and solving outages and problems according to the established SLAs, if necessary, escalating problems to contracted telecommunications operators.
- Preparation and commenting on design documents of suppliers in the network and telecommunications area.
- Ensuring planned changes in the renewal, expansion, and modernization of the company’s network infrastructure.
- Active monitoring of network and telecommunication infrastructure outages.
- Capacity monitoring.
- Administration and updating of documentation.
- Network device configuration management.
- Certificate management, property management.
- Providing technical advice and support to other teams in the field of IT infrastructure.
Requirements for the employee
Technical knowledge in the areas of:
- Network technologies (TCP/IP, routing, switching, Datacenter LAN, Campus LAN, WAN, Internet).
- Security technologies at the network level (network FW, VPN concentrators).
- Technologies of telecommunications operators (MPLS, SD WAN, BCN, Transaction Net, IP Voice).
- WIFI technologies (WIFI for Enterprise, WIFI for branches).
- Technologies for load balancing.
- Multimedia technologies at the network level (voice, video, QoS).
- Tools for network monitoring and management.
- Cisco and F5 products.
Preferred Education: secondary education with a secondary school diploma, university I. degree.
English level: B1
Furthemore, we require:
- Teamwork, openness to changes.
- Cisco and F5 certificates are an advantage.
- Willingness to work on standby 24/7.
- 2-3 years of experience in this field (including at the university level).
Employee perks, benefits
As an employee, you receive benefits that will grow as you grow with us. The longer you work with us, the more benefits you get.
- Performance reward. Once a year, you will receive a bonus, which depends on the fulfillment of company and your individual goals.
- The employer fully pays for meals without additional payment by the employee.
- Up to 10 days of paid leave beyond the scope of the law every year (and in addition, various purpose-paid days off, such as for preparing for a wedding or when a baby arrives in the family). We especially think of single parents who also have extra days off.
- Credit in the VÚB Cafeteria is up to 300 EUR, which increases with the number of years of service.
- Up to 100 EUR per month as a contribution to additional pension savings.
- After 2 years in VÚB 275 EUR each year as a contribution to recreation in Slovakia.
- 100 EUR per month in case of long-term incapacity for work.
- Financial contribution at the birth of a child.
- Sabbatical -3 months off with 50% salary.
- An international health care program that includes obtaining a second medical opinion from experts, not only for the employee but also for their immediate family, as well as fully paid treatment at a foreign clinic in case of serious illnesses.
- MultiSport card with access to sports grounds and recreational facilities throughout Slovakia and Czechia.
- From 500 to 800 EUR as a reward for loyalty on a round anniversary.
- Discounted products and services of VÚB bank, i.e., discounted rates on mortgages or loans, higher interest on savings products, cheaper leasing, keeping accounts for free or without fees for investing in mutual funds.
- Professional advice of a personal banker for employees.
- Rich possibilities for your personal development and professional training.
- Support for your mental well-being and mental health.
- 150 EUR allowance for a mobile phone and a flat rate for private purposes.
- If you actively participate in improving life for your community or surroundings, you can receive an Employee Grant from VÚB Foundation.
Are you looking for, but have yet to find, among our benefits Home office? At VÚB bank, we do not see the home office as a benefit but as a usual way of working. We work SMART here! Upon agreement with the manager, you can work up to 80% of the time from home and receive a financial contribution for “teleworking.”
Brief description of the company
VÚB is the second largest bank in Slovakia with a license to provide a full range of banking services to the population, corporate and institutional clients. The focus of the offer is mortgage and consumer loans, deposit and payment products and services, installment sales, consulting, corporate banking and financing of foreign trade activities, consumer financing, leasing or factoring.
Through subsidiaries and associated companies, it offers services in the field of investments (Eurizon AM Slovakia) and pension savings (VÚB Generali). The bank is also an intermediary for a wide range of insurance products.
It provides its services through a wide network of business locations, which includes 118 retail branches, 8 Magnifica centers and 32 corporate branches designed to serve small and medium-sized businesses and one corporate branch in Prague.
Digi Talents Programme additional benefits
The job position is supported by the EU-funded labour mobility programme Digi Talents for ICT professionals between Slovakia and Ukraine. More information at www.digitalents.sk
In addition to the conditions and benefits from the company described above, the programme Digi Talents will provide you with additional benefits:
• Cover your travel costs from Ukraine to Slovakia and back in total value up to 200 EUR
• Financial and/or in-kind support to cover your living costs (e.g. accommodation, insurance, pocket money and local transport fees) during the first two months of your stay in the total amount of up to 1800 EUR. Final amount of support provided may vary depending on scope of the services paid by programme and individual circumstances.
• Provision of professional courses in programming, English language, and Slovak language before and after arrival to Slovakia,
• Assistance with relocation, residence formalities, accommodation, and cultural orientation. Legal and administrative support during your stay in Slovakia. Cover fees for legal and administrative formalities related to your residence in total value up to 100 EUR.
• Participation in the programme is for free.
To apply for the job, you need to submit an application, see details at How to apply
If you have any questions, contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief description of the Digi Talents programme
Digi Talents programme is implemented with the financial assistance of the European Union, contracted by ICMPD through the Migration Partnership Facility. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of EMA – Development and Mobility Agency (EMA) and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and the one of ICMPD. The programme represents a unique opportunity to boost your professional career.