Senior IT Architect
- Place of work: Bratislava, Slovakia
- Company: VÚB bank
- Wage (gross): Minimum salary starts at 3.000 EUR/month based on relevant experience.
Information about the position
We are looking for an experienced IT Architect to join our team responsible for developing and operating the bank’s front-end applications (internet banking, mobile banking, branch applications, and various applications to support internal processes). We are looking for a colleague who likes to “roll up his sleeves” and is not afraid to help, e.g., solve complicated technical problems during SW development or operation. In this position, you will define IT solutions to develop the bank’s user applications further.
Your main responsibilities in the team will be:
- Analyze business and technical requirements with their clients, as well as independently define requirements for new and existing solutions.
- To propose alternative solutions – how to cover requirements with IT systems as efficiently as possible.
- Provide architectural support for projects, as well as smaller maintenance tasks throughout their entire life cycle: from the initial design of the solution and workability estimate, through participation in the selection of a suitable internal or external supplier, detailed definition of the architecture to supervision of its implementation and use in production.
- Participate in the implementation of IT architecture in accordance with business requirements, corporate strategy, and IT strategy.
- Define and develop architectural principles and standards, supervise their actual observance.
- Continuously analyze the current IT environment in the domain of front ends to identify architectural deficiencies, propose solutions if these deficiencies need to be eliminated.
- Proactively cooperate with colleagues involved in the development of banking applications.
- Bringing ideas for streamlining work in the area of SW development (improvements to the development toolchain, streamlining development processes, involvement of devops approaches and technologies, and helping in their implementation.
- Provide consistent communication with colleagues, partners, and managers.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of projects.
- Be involved in 24-hour support of critical banking systems on the Oracle platform in HA configurations, together with other Oracle administrators.
Requirements for the employee
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience of at least 5 years with development and integration projects and 2-4 years of experience as a solution architect.
- C1 level English.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Banking experience preferred.
- General technological overview, the ability to quickly grasp the advantages and disadvantages of new technologies.
- Extensive experience with the architecture of corporate IT systems.
- Practical experience with SW development, with focus on web applications, front-end systems.
- Experience with technical communication with business partners.
- Experience with EAI patterns and their implementation.
- Hands-on technical experience and programming in some of the languages/tools Java, Spring, ReactJS, Angular (v2+), BPM (e.g., Camunda), rules engines (Drools), Oracle DB, no-SQL (e.g., mongoDB), groovy, IntelliJ IDEA, git, JIRA, OpenShift, Docker, Zabbix, IBM, WAS,…
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- TOGAF or similar certification.
- Experience using modeling tool (e.g., Enterprise Architect).
- Knowledge of business process automation.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree
Employee perks, benefits
As an employee, you receive benefits that will grow as you grow with us. The longer you work with us, the more benefits you get.
- Performance reward. Once a year, you will receive a bonus, which depends on the fulfillment of company and your individual goals.
- The employer fully pays for meals without additional payment by the employee.
- Up to 10 days of paid leave beyond the scope of the law every year (and in addition, various purpose-paid days off, such as for preparing for a wedding or when a baby arrives in the family). We especially think of single parents who also have extra days off.
- Credit in the VÚB Cafeteria is up to 300 EUR, which increases with the number of years of service.
- Up to 100 EUR per month as a contribution to additional pension savings.
- After 2 years in VÚB 275 EUR each year as a contribution to recreation in Slovakia.
- 100 EUR per month in case of long-term incapacity for work.
- Financial contribution at the birth of a child.
- Sabbatical -3 months off with 50% salary.
- An international health care program that includes obtaining a second medical opinion from experts, not only for the employee but also for their immediate family, as well as fully paid treatment at a foreign clinic in case of serious illnesses.
- MultiSport card with access to sports grounds and recreational facilities throughout Slovakia and Czechia.
- From 500 to 800 EUR as a reward for loyalty on a round anniversary.
- Discounted products and services of VÚB bank, i.e., discounted rates on mortgages or loans, higher interest on savings products, cheaper leasing, keeping accounts for free or without fees for investing in mutual funds.
- Professional advice of a personal banker for employees.
- Rich possibilities for your personal development and professional training.
- Support for your mental well-being and mental health.
- 150 EUR allowance for a mobile phone and a flat rate for private purposes.
- If you actively participate in improving life for your community or surroundings, you can receive an Employee Grant from VÚB Foundation.
Are you looking for, but have yet to find, among our benefits Home office? At VÚB bank, we do not see the home office as a benefit but as a usual way of working. We work SMART here! Upon agreement with the manager, you can work up to 80% of the time from home and receive a financial contribution for “teleworking.”
Brief description of the company
VÚB is the second largest bank in Slovakia with a license to provide a full range of banking services to the population, corporate and institutional clients. The focus of the offer is mortgage and consumer loans, deposit and payment products and services, installment sales, consulting, corporate banking and financing of foreign trade activities, consumer financing, leasing or factoring.
Through subsidiaries and associated companies, it offers services in the field of investments (Eurizon AM Slovakia) and pension savings (VÚB Generali). The bank is also an intermediary for a wide range of insurance products.
It provides its services through a wide network of business locations, which includes 118 retail branches, 8 Magnifica centers and 32 corporate branches designed to serve small and medium-sized businesses and one corporate branch in Prague.
Digi Talents Programme additional benefits
The job position is supported by the EU-funded labour mobility programme Digi Talents for ICT professionals between Slovakia and Ukraine. More information at www.digitalents.sk
In addition to the conditions and benefits from the company described above, the programme Digi Talents will provide you with additional benefits:
• Cover your travel costs from Ukraine to Slovakia and back in total value up to 200 EUR
• Financial and/or in-kind support to cover your living costs (e.g. accommodation, insurance, pocket money and local transport fees) during the first two months of your stay in the total amount of up to 1800 EUR. Final amount of support provided may vary depending on scope of the services paid by programme and individual circumstances.
• Provision of professional courses in programming, English language, and Slovak language before and after arrival to Slovakia,
• Assistance with relocation, residence formalities, accommodation, and cultural orientation. Legal and administrative support during your stay in Slovakia. Cover fees for legal and administrative formalities related to your residence in total value up to 100 EUR.
• Participation in the programme is for free.
To apply for the job, you need to submit an application, see details at How to apply
If you have any questions, contact us via email email@example.com
Brief description of the Digi Talents programme
Digi Talents programme is implemented with the financial assistance of the European Union, contracted by ICMPD through the Migration Partnership Facility. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of EMA – Development and Mobility Agency (EMA) and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and the one of ICMPD. The programme represents a unique opportunity to boost your professional career.