Senior Application Engineer (80-100%)
- Place of work: Bratislava, Slovakia
- Company: Swiss Re
- Wage (gross): Minimum salary starts at 3.100 EUR/month based on relevant experience.
Information about the position
Imagine being part of dynamic distributed team of application engineers, where you will be able to design, implement and maintain applications of new features / components / interfaces / documentation of our platforms.
Are you a sharp, bold and hardworking individual contributor wanting to play a key role in supporting the development of key financial applications? Are you looking for a superb role where you can demonstrate your skills, broaden your horizons, keep learning and bring in your innovative ideas? If yes, then join our team and be part of our journey in delivering a program that will significantly improve our Treasury and Financial Closing capabilities!
In this role you will:
- Join a distributed team of application engineers focusing on Finance applications, helping to focus on continuous improvement and be a key person in demanding projects.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of new features / interfaces of our platforms, ensuring the delivery of high-quality code focusing on simplicity, performance, maintainability and scalability.
- Take full life-cycle ownership of various applications and components.
- Help us appraise and then deliver new, innovative and creative ideas & technologies to evolve our platforms.
About the Team
We are a dynamic international IT team providing change and support for a suite of applications serving SwissRe’s Group Finance function. The diverse set of functions and applications, operating in a landscape that never stands still, ensures that no two days are the same and offers opportunities for the keen learner to absorb and get exposed to key financial processes used throughout the world. We value agility in our approaches, stability for our platforms and a passion to learn.
The team you will join is just starting its migration to the Microsoft Azure cloud. Azure DevOps will be used for issue tracking, source control and pipeline management. Team members will have the opportunity to work with platforms such as the Azure Spring Apps, Application Insights, Databricks and Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Storage, Azure SQL, PostgreSQL.
Requirements for the employee
You are results driven, comfortable meeting (sometime tight) deadlines and demonstrate a willingness to develop your skills and knowledge about the platforms on you will be working on, both the technical aspects and how they are used by our business partners. You are an inventive problem solver, yet knowing when to seek help when necessary. You enjoy working in an agile environment, have an accomplished delivery record, confident in technical conversations, are an effective communicator and fluent in English.
Finally, you possess a diverse range of skills and experience that you wish to enlarge and improve, including (but are not limited to) the following:
- Proven professional work experience in development and support of software applications
- Relational database experience (DML, DDL, modelling, tuning) – Azure SQL, PostgreSQL preferred
- Experience in workflow orchestration and scheduling
- Experience with XML scripting
- Experience using Azure DevOps (or similar)
- Understanding of the key ITIL processes of incident, problem and release management
- Any experience in using and integrating cloud platforms will be a plus.
- Working experience with a CI/CD setup
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Prior working experience in Treasury / Finance
Employee perks, benefits
You can look forward to extra rewards and benefits including:
- Attractive performance-based bonus.
- Ultra flexible working time in hybrid setup, allowing you to work also from home (Slovakia).
- Modern office spaces in attractive location.
- 5 additional days of holiday.
- Lunch allowance fully paid by Swiss Re.
- Referral bonus.
- Pension & risk insurance contribution.
- Sick days and sick leave support.
- Public transport benefit.
- Multisport card.
- …and many more
Brief description of the company
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Digi Talents Programme additional benefits
The job position is supported by the EU-funded labour mobility programme Digi Talents for ICT professionals between Slovakia and Ukraine. More information at www.digitalents.sk
In addition to the conditions and benefits from the company described above, the programme Digi Talents will provide you with additional benefits:
• Cover your travel costs from Ukraine to Slovakia and back in total value up to 200 EUR
• Financial and/or in-kind support to cover your living costs (e.g. accommodation, insurance, pocket money and local transport fees) during the first two months of your stay in the total amount of up to 1800 EUR. Final amount of support provided may vary depending on scope of the services paid by programme and individual circumstances.
• Provision of professional courses in programming, English language, and Slovak language before and after arrival to Slovakia,
• Assistance with relocation, residence formalities, accommodation, and cultural orientation. Legal and administrative support during your stay in Slovakia. Cover fees for legal and administrative formalities related to your residence in total value up to 100 EUR.
• Participation in the programme is for free.
To apply for the job, you need to submit an application, see details at How to apply
If you have any questions, contact us via email email@example.com
Brief description of the Digi Talents programme
Digi Talents programme is implemented with the financial assistance of the European Union, contracted by ICMPD through the Migration Partnership Facility. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of EMA – Development and Mobility Agency (EMA) and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and the one of ICMPD. The programme represents a unique opportunity to boost your professional career.