- Place of work: Bratislava, Slovakia
- Company: Swiss Re
- Wage (gross): Minimum salary starts at 2.600 EUR/month based on relevant experience.
Information about the position
With more than USD 100 bn of assets under management, Swiss Re Asset Management manages the assets versus the liabilities generated through the core insurance and reinsurance business. With the advent of technologies such as cognitive computing, smart analytics or machine learning the asset management industry will radically change in the next years in terms of gaining insights to make better investment decisions and managing risk more effectively.
At Swiss Re Asset management, we are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment that values and promotes all aspects of diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, neuro diversity, and perspectives are proven to be better at everything they do. We firmly believe that fostering an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and openly share ideas drives performance and is the right thing to do.
About the Role
In this position you will collaborate with our Front Office covering public and private asset classes as well as strategic asset allocation processes and responsible investing initiatives.
– You will collaborate with colleagues across Asset Management including Front Office, Middle Office, Operations and IT to deliver on your objectives.
– You will also run, maintain and enhance ongoing analytics process and ensure efficient delivery to our clients.
– You will focus primarily on analytics delivery through the creation of analytics and ad hoc analysis using best in class technologies and platforms such as Power BI and Palantir Foundry.
– At the same time some working knowledge of MS Office products is required.
You will also apply your technical skills both from analytics and a technology angle by contributing to exciting projects across AM Analytics!
About the Team
The core mission of AM Analytics is to support the Front Office in achieving attractive risk-adjusted returns by providing analytics, insights and tools to steer and manage the investment portfolio. We have a very broad scope of activities and are looking for a Junior Engineer to join our team and help us achieve success!
Requirements for the employee
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Information Technology or an engineering background with experience in a business-related field, programming experience a plus.
- 1-3 years’ experience in analytics and reporting in an asset management / financial services environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a desire to communicate across different levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of or a keen desire to learn the following technologies a must: Palantir Foundry, PowerBI, Python, SQL and MS Office (Excel and Powerpoint in particular).
- Highly motivated, self-starter that can work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent command of English (both written and spoken).
Employee perks, benefits
You can look forward to extra rewards and benefits including:
- Attractive performance-based bonus.
- Ultra flexible working time in hybrid setup, allowing you to work also from home (Slovakia).
- Modern office spaces in attractive location.
- 5 additional days of holiday.
- Lunch allowance fully paid by Swiss Re.
- Referral bonus.
- Pension & risk insurance contribution.
- Sick days and sick leave support.
- Public transport benefit.
- Multisport card.
- …and many more
Brief description of the company
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Digi Talents Programme additional benefits
The job position is supported by the EU-funded labour mobility programme Digi Talents for ICT professionals between Slovakia and Ukraine. More information at www.digitalents.sk
In addition to the conditions and benefits from the company described above, the programme Digi Talents will provide you with additional benefits:
• Cover your travel costs from Ukraine to Slovakia and back in total value up to 200 EUR
• Financial and/or in-kind support to cover your living costs (e.g. accommodation, insurance, pocket money and local transport fees) during the first two months of your stay in the total amount of up to 1800 EUR. Final amount of support provided may vary depending on scope of the services paid by programme and individual circumstances.
• Provision of professional courses in programming, English language, and Slovak language before and after arrival to Slovakia,
• Assistance with relocation, residence formalities, accommodation, and cultural orientation. Legal and administrative support during your stay in Slovakia. Cover fees for legal and administrative formalities related to your residence in total value up to 100 EUR.
• Participation in the programme is for free.
To apply for the job, you need to submit an application, see details at How to apply
If you have any questions, contact us via email email@example.com
Brief description of the Digi Talents programme
Digi Talents programme is implemented with the financial assistance of the European Union, contracted by ICMPD through the Migration Partnership Facility. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of EMA – Development and Mobility Agency (EMA) and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and the one of ICMPD. The programme represents a unique opportunity to boost your professional career.